STRUCTCOMB, “Structure and computational difficulty in combinatorial optimization: an interdisciplinary approach” contract
- CNCS IDEI Grant PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0981
- Principal investigator: Gabriel Istrate.
- Starting date: May 1st 2012.
- Duration: until
April 30 2015. April 30 2016.December 31, 2016
- Project proposal and objectives
- (Martie 2012, in romanian): Institutul e-Austria angajeaza cercetatori stiintifici (postdoctorali) in matematica-informatică in cadrul proiectului PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0981 “Structure and computational difficulty in combinatorial optimization: an interdisciplinary approach” (data limita: 30 Aprilie 2012)
- (March 2012, IN ENGLISH): Hiring ads: ANCS and Euraxess (only valid until April 30, 2012)
- Reports (tar.gz.archive)
collaborating with Eva Kaslik and Mircea Marin.
- Cosmin Bonchis, Gabriel Istrate. Improved Approximation Algorithms for Low-Density Instances of the Minimum Entropy Set Cover Problem. Information Processing Letters, Volume 114, Issue 7, July 2014.
- Gabriel Istrate, Adrian Crăciun “Proof Complexity and the Lovasz-Kneser Theorem Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing, SAT 2014 vol. 8561 , pp. 138-153. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 2014.
- Gabriel Istrate, Mircea Marin Learning cover context-free grammars from structural data Proceedings of ICTAC 2014 Volume 8687, pp 241-258, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 2014.
- Gabriel Istrate. Identifying almost-sorted permutations from TCP buffer dynamics. Scientific Annals of Computer Science, XXV (1), pp. 133-154, 2015.
- Gabriel Istrate. Reachability and Recurrence in a Modular Generalization of Annihilating Random Walks (and lights-out games) to hypergraphs. Theoretical Computer Science, 580, pp. 83-93, 2015. 2015.
- Gabriel Istrate, Cosmin Bonchiș. Partition into heapable sequences, heap tableaux and a multiset extension of Hammersley’s process. Proceedings of CPM 2015, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9133, pp. 261-271. Springer Verlag, 2015.
- James Aisenberg, Maria-Luisa Bonet, Samuel Buss, Adrian Crăciun, Gabriel Istrate, Short Proofs for the Kneser -Lovasz Coloring Principle, Proceedings of ICALP 2015, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 9135, pp. 44-55. 2015.
- Journal version of previous paper, Information and Computation special issue dedicated to ICALP 2015 (to appear)
- Gabriel Istrate, Cosmin Bonchiș and Liviu P. Dinu. The Minimum Entropy Submodular Set Cover Problem. Proceedings of LATA 2016 , Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag.
- Zoltan Neda, Larissa Davidova, Szerena Ujvari, Gabriel Istrate, Gambler’s ruin problem on Erdos-Renyi graphs, Elsevier, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 468, pp. 157-167 (2017).
- Gabriel Istrate, Cosmin Bonchiș Heapability, interactive particle systems, partial orders: results and open problems. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Descriptive Complexity of Formal Systems (DCFS’2016), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9777, p.18-28, Springer Verlag, 2016.
- Programs to generate (hard to solve) instances of satisfiability/ILP based on Kneser and Schrijver’s theorems. (Note: SAT instances are in DIMACS-CNF format; for ILP solving one needs GUROBI)