We are a small group of researchers associated with the Mathematics and Computer Science Department of the West University of Timişoara and the e-Austria Research Institute. We are interested in Theoretical Computer Science at large, with a special focus on:
- probabilistic methods and algorithms
- applications of game theory in theoretical computer science
- connections between theory of computation and physics (mostly theory of complex systems)
- logic and its connection with symbolic computation and computational complexity
- automated theorem proving (yes, we know it’s not really Theoretical Computer Science :))
- formal languages and its interrelation with XML processing
A list of venues that have recently accepted/published our papers includes International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, Journal of Symbolic Computation, Theoretical Computer Science, Theory and Practice of Logic Programming, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing, Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming, Satisfiability Conference, Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching, International Symposium on Symbolic Computation in Software Science, International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications, Information Processing Letters, Physica A.
- April 2017:
We are organizing DACS 2017 as a satellite workshop to SYNASC !
- October 2016:
Lots of things to report. SYNASC took place (again) at the end of September. Gabi’s ICALP 2015 paper was accepted to the special ICALP issue of Information and Computation. He ventured (again) in the territory of Statistical Physics of Complex Systems, with a paper co-authored with Babes-Bolyai University’s Zoltan Néda and several members of his research group, accepted to Physica A.
- July 2016: In the months passed since the last update, Gabi was an invited speaker at DCFS’2016 (invited paper here), a participant to the Sankt Petersburg Semester on Proof Complexity and ECCO’2016. The group is currently busy refereeing papers for SYNASC.
- March 2016: Gabi is busy organizing two workshops: DACS’2016, and the Computer Science Workshop at Diaspora Ştiinţifică.
- January 2016: A Happy New Year to all of you ! We are starting the new year on a strong note: Mircea’s paper A Rewrite-based Computational Model for Functional Logic Programming has been accepted to SCSS 2016, Seventh International Symposium on Symbolic Computation in Software Science.
- December 2015: Paper The Minimum Entropy Submodular Set Cover Problem coauthored by Gabi and Cosmin was accepted to the 10-th International Conference on Language and Automata Technology and Applications (LATA’2016). On the other hand Mircea has submitted a new paper for publication.
- November 2015: The first edition of the Timişoara-Szeged Theory Seminar took place at West University of Timişoara on November 26. A detailed schedule
is available .
- October 2015: Gabi will be an invited speaker at the 18th International Workshop on the Descriptive Complexity of Formal Systems (DCFS’2016)